Pages

Dear Brother

Dear Brother,

I am your neighbor. I am your best friend. I am your coworker. I am your boss. I am your doctor. I'm the guy sitting next to you in church. I am the store clerk helping you with groceries. I am the principal at your kid's school. And just like you, I struggle with addiction.

I need not tell you right now how I got into it. As these letters come, you will hear both how I got in, and how I got out. Today, all I wanted to let you know is, that you aren't the only one struggling. You may feel that you are. You may feel that everyone else around you has never sunk as low as you have. But you couldn't be more wrong.

You are not alone in your struggles. As you look into the faces of so many others, you would be startled to see a past that has run nearly perfectly parallel to your own with mistakes, regrets, and shame. You are not alone.

I am reaching out to you now to let you know that I have faced this horrendous battle just as you are right now. I am your neighbor. I am your friend. I am your brother.

Affectionately,

No comments:

Post a Comment